The blog of BaggieAggie, designer of bags, gadget cases and other fabulous accessories handmade in Wales. Sprinkled with recipes, gardening chat, the odd piece of short fiction, and anything else that inspires (or annoys!) me. So pull up a comfy chair and stay a while.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 June 2011

I'm building a website...!

Striking stripey Kindle Pouch for ereader owners who want something different!
Yes, you read that right! In fact, I'll repeat it for all those in denial: severely technically-challenged little old me is building a website. The platform is Weebly, and I have to say it's a darn sight easier to use than Wix (which I gave up on after a couple of hair-tearing days!).

Having said that, I did have a hair-tearing morning yesterday. I bought a domain name (after reading somewhere that Weebly addresses don't float to anywhere near the top in searches) so that I could change my URL and lose the 'weebly' bit. Weebly have brilliant instructions on how to 'point' the new domain at their site, but their sample screenshots bore little relation to my domain registrar's. So, rather than run the risk of destroying the entire internet with my ineptitude, I begged the registrar to do the pointing for me. Which they did, thank goodness, so I'm now www.baggieaggie.com. There's lots to do and change still, but I'm getting there!

In the meantime, I've struggled to get any new items made, but yesterday afternoon I managed to list this Kindle case with an African flavour. I love this fabric. If you do too, and you fancy something other than a Kindle case, just ask. :)

10 comments:

  1. Excellent - hope it goes well. Liking the stripey kindle case

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chrissy! I've been up to ears in SEO and HTML code today - have gone boss-eyed and need a glass of something reviving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool bananas! Both the case and the fact that you take the step to build a website AND your own domain.
    I hope it all works out without giving you any headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whow, well done I'm on my way over to take a peek. I use Moonfruit for my web site! Good luck. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking a peek, both! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your website adventure. I also have a website, it can take a while to get high in search ranks, but mines getting there.
    Best Wishes.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your site and I'm loving your bags! Love how crisp and sleek they look, and such nice fabric choices too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I am the proud owner of the stripy kindle case :) Thanks and good luck with your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just one question. why did you choose weebly rather than buying your blogspot domain? is there a good thing in weebly that made you bought it?

    Smith | custom shirts

    ReplyDelete